Nicholas Antell, MD
Dr. Antell is a fellowship-trained attending orthopaedic surgeon at Mansfield Orthopaedics at Copley Hospital. He specializes in treating acute skeletal injuries, disorders of the knee and hip, and joint replacement with a focus on minimally-invasive techniques. Dr. Antell is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He enjoys spending time with his family and a variety of outdoor sports, including hunting, mountain biking, golf, and snowboarding.
Education & Clinical Experience
- Undergraduate: University of Vermont, B.A. Major: Biology
- Graduate School: Drexel University College of Medicine, M.S. Master of Medical Science
- Medical Degree: University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
- Residency: Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Traumatology, Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital
- Certification: Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- State Licensure: Vermont
- 2016- present Orthopedic Surgeon, Mansfield Orthopaedics at Copley Hospital
- 2015-2016 Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, San Francisco General Hospital
- 2015-2016 Clinical Instructor, UCSF/OTI, San Francisco General Hospital
- 4/2016 Table Instructor, Open Trauma Wound Management, International San Francisco Orthopaedic Trauma course
- 9/2015 Table Instructor, Salvage and Complex Wound Management Symposium Institute for global Orthopaedic Trauma (IGOT), Orthopaedic Trauma Institute San Francisco, CA
- 2013-current Orthopaedic Trauma Association Candidate member
- 2010-current American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons member
- 2016-currrent Vermont Orthopaedic Society
- Acetabular Fractures in the Elderly. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Published August 2017.
- Acetabular Fractures in the Elderly. Presented: University of Minnesota Orthopaedic Grand Rounds, December 2013.
- Clinical, Laboratory, and Radiologic Diagnosis of Pulmonary Emboli. Presented: Veterans Affairs Medical Center Ground Rounds, April 2013.
- Should the Cost of Implants be a Consideration in the Surgeon’s Choice for Their Patient? Presented: Veterans Affairs Medical Center Grand Rounds, November 2012.
- Perioperative Medical Comanagement of the Orthopaedic Patient. Presented: Regions Hospital Grand Rounds, March 2012
- Mapping of Geriatric Acetabular Fractures, UCSF/Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, San Francisco General Hospital.
- Identifying Radiologic Landmarks to Assess Adequate Reduction of Talar Neck Fractures, University of Minnesota Medical School, Hennepin County Medical Center.