Experience When You Need It Most – Leading Edge Technology
The expert team at Mansfield Orthopaedics provides a compassionate and efficient system of care, providing comprehensive orthopaedic evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation. When surgery is required, they offer minimally invasive resurfacing procedures and highly advanced partial and total joint replacement surgeries.
Our orthopaedic surgeons are among the region’s leaders in expertise in joint repair and replacement. They specialize in:
- Cartilage Restoration
- Meniscal Repair
- Meniscal Transplantation
- Knee Ligament Anatomic Reconstruction
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Customized Partial and Total Knee Replacement
- Mansfield Orthopaedics is the only practice in Vermont to offer the ConforMIS iTotal CR, a knee-implant that is custom-designed for each individual patient. Dr. Bryan Huber was the first orthopaedist in Vermont to offer this groundbreaking technology.
Mansfield Orthopaedics’ specialists are committed to providing patient education on all possible treatment options, encouraging early mobility after surgery, pain management, and successful rehabilitation. For patients whose treatment includes total joint replacement, patient education includes a Total Joint class to prepare you and your family for the entire joint replacement experience.
We invite you to learn more about our philosophy of care by reviewing our free education booklets:
- Knee Arthroscopy
- ACL Reconstruction
- Total Knee Replacement
Diseases and Conditions treated include
- Arthritis of the Knee
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries
- Meniscal Tears
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease (Knee Pain)
- Patellar (Kneecap) Dislocation
- Patellar Tendon Tear
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries
- Shin Splints
- Compartment Syndrome
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bursitis of the Knee
- Partial and Total Knee Replacement
A Personalized Solution to Knee Pain
Mansfield Orthopaedics uses the ConforMIS approach which combines a portfolio of products for osteoarthritis in one, two or all three compartments of the knee with a unique approach to resurfacing. Rather than joint replacement, the products use patient-specific data from imaging scans to create implants that resurface the joint. Combining partial or total knee options with a resurfacing approach affords maximum bone preservation.
Personalized implants offer unique advantages versus traditional knee replacement surgery, including:
- Superior fit matched to individual size and shape
- Natural, anatomic feel and alignment
- Significant bone preservation
- Less traumatic procedure and faster recovery
For many patients, especially those who suffer from knee problems in the earlier stages of osteoarthritis, personalized implants may provide a less invasive, less traumatic option than traditional knee replacement.
The most common source of patient dissatisfaction with total knee replacement surgery is residual pain from overhang. The personalized knee replacement procedure offered at Copley Hospital uses a customized implant for every patient, which eliminates overhang.
Request a Consultation
The expert team at Mansfield Orthopaedics delivers compassionate value based care, providing comprehensive orthopaedic evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation guided by evidence based medicine.